This is the website for the Lattanzi Research Group at George Mason University. This site contains information about myself (Dr. Lattanzi), our research team, facilities, and our current research initiatives.
Who We Are:
We are a team of interdisciplinary researchers focused on improving how we design and maintain civil infrastructure systems. Our research spans the fields of civil engineering, mechanical engineering, and computer science (see “Research Projects” for more info). Some representative research topics:
- Robotic bridge inspection
- Computer vision for post-disaster building assessment
- 3D printing in the engineering curriculum
- Finite element model updating through image analysis
- Virtual building inspection